Saturday 2 January 2016

2015 book awards: best romance

I love a good romance storyline - whether it be centred around an already happy couple, or a long build-up into a budding romance. Either way, I enjoy stories that feature great couples and sweet, romantic storylines. The selection below have just that! 


Conditional Love

Conditional Love by Cathy Bramley 

Cathy is brilliant at creating fantastic characters and even more fantastic couples. In Conditional Love, Sophie meets Nick when she asks him to do some architecture work on the house she has inherited. He's not your typical hunky male lead, but she likes his quirkiness (as did I!). As the story develops, so too does their relationship and there are many hints towards romance for the two of them. I was eager for them to get on with it and get together as they'd make a great couple - I loved watching their stories unfold separately and together. Read my full review here

Jane Costello
The Love Shack by Jane Costello 

I absolutely loved this story, it had me smiling from ear to ear. Dan and Gemma are already a great, solid couple when we meet them and, as readers, we follow them as they start the process of trying to buy their first house together. As a couple they are brilliant, they play to each others strengths and I thought they were really cute. Their relationship is so realistic and true to life it made the story shine and I enjoyed seeing them go through the usual trials and tribulations of love, while supporting each other. (P.S. I really developed a soft spot for Dan - he was an absolutely wonderful main character.) Read my full review here 


Dear Darling by Ellen Faith 

I loved Dear Darling, the format of it being written as a diary was a unique twist that pulled me in. At the start of the story Sophie ends her relationship with her current idiot boyfriend, deciding to move onto better things. Cue us meeting Adam - sexy, caring and all-round drool-worthy, Adam is also Sophie's boss, so a crush is highly inappropriate but she just can't help it... and who could blame her, really?! I loved seeing them get to know each other and their relationship unfold. They are both great characters who you really root for. Read my full review here 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me in your list, Laura - I'm thrilled! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Cathy. Conditional Love is a truly magical story! I loved it :) x

      Delete