Sunday 3 January 2016

2015 book awards: best debuts

2015 saw some truly wonderful debuts from authors that will remain firmly on my radar in the coming years. What's interesting is when I was compiling this list, I realised that all three of my top choices were from the same publisher, UK Carina! They are a fab publisher with some fantastic authors, including these three who joined the Carina party in 2015. 




Return to Bluebell Hill by Rebecca Pugh

Rebecca was one of the first bloggers I spoke to when I started Little Northern Soul and I class her as one of my good blogging friends. When I found out she was releasing her first novel in early 2015 I was so excited for her and couldn't wait to read it. Return to Bluebell Hill is a brilliant story - her writing is magical, she has such a great way of describing locations and characters that really brings them to life. Rebecca's second novel is out early this year and I can't wait - I just know I'm going to love it. Read my full review here



Just The Way You Are by Lynsey James 

I really enjoyed the format of this story, I thought the plot was original and entertaining. It follows Ava, an unlucky-in-love office worker who suspects the reason she's never had a successful relationship is because she's actually in love with someone she's never met. Her secret admirer (aka Mr Writer) used to write her letters and she realised she'd actually fallen for him. I loved watching the mystery unfold and was dying to know who Mr Writer was. A great story and a cracking debut. Read my full review here


The Lost Child by Ann Troup 

The Lost Child is a gripping, intriguing novel that I absolutely raced through when I got my hands on it. It is so well written it's hard to believe this was Ann Troup's debut and I'm eagerly awaiting her second novel, which will be released soon. The Lost Child is a fast-paced mystery novel packed with suspense and twists and turns. Read my Q&A with Ann Troup here 

No comments:

Post a Comment