Tuesday 29 December 2015

2015 book awards: best thriller/mystery novels

Today I'm sharing the books from 2015 that I felt had the best mystery or thriller storyline. There were some amazing contenders, but these three were my firm favourites and I find myself still thinking about them now! 



 The Lie by C.L. Taylor 


This was the first book I'd read by C.L. Taylor and it's stuck with me for a long while. The story centres around Jane and flicks between present day, where she is clearly a changes person and dealing with her past, which focuses on the 'holiday of a lifetime' she was on with her close friends. Tension soon builds and you know the holiday isn't quite what they thought and I was eager to see what would unfold. I flew through this gripping story and found myself immersed in the mystery. A must read. 

Read my review here




The Broken by Tamar Cohen


I'll admit I was surprised by how much I loved this story. I'd picked it up in Waterstones without really knowing much about Tamar Cohen or the story, yet when I came to read it, it blew me away. It follows two couples who deal with the aftermath of one couple splitting and what really struck me is how this is a situation that could happen to anyone. The realistic yet tense outcome of their split hit home for me and was what really intrigued me. The Broken is a thrilling take on friendship and relationships and is full of twists and turns that leave you wondering right up until the last page exactly what is going on. I absolutely loved this story. 

Read my review here




Follow Me by Angela Clarke 


I only recently read Follow Me, but it is a firm favourite. Immaculately plotted, well written and gripping, this novel had me hooked. I loved the social media element of the story - the story revolves around the 'hashtag murderer', who uses social media to plot and conduct murders. It is a creepy and really unique way to portray murders and create suspense. 

Read my review here



No comments:

Post a Comment