Tuesday 3 November 2015

Monthly round-up: October



October has been a really busy but fun month... I can't believe it's November already though!

At the start of the month one of our oldest friends came back to Yorkshire after a couple of years travelling in China and Australia. It's great to have him back so we had a 'welcome back' get together for him at ours and have since had a few nights out (and in), it's been great to catch up. 

In mid-October it was the OH's birthday. We took a week off work and had some fun on a road trip. We started at Chester Zoo (which I blogged about here), followed by a stay in Chester and then on to Manchester to catch up with a few friends - I'll be blogging more about this trip in the next few weeks. 

I also had a day trip to Nottingham to catch up with my uni friends. We went to uni in Nottingham, so heading back to the city brought back lots of fun memories! We spent the day shopping, eating and drinking all while catching up. It was a lovely day. 

The end of the month has been much more relaxed with plenty of cosy nights in, sleepovers with my best friend and film nights. A great start to Autumn... I love this time of year! 

So, onto books! 

Books I've bought: 

Netgalley requests: 
24 Hours, Claire Seeber
Lost Girls, Angela Marsons 
Bella's Christmas Bake Off, Sue Watson
The Twelve Dates of Christmas, Lisa Dickinson

Books I've Received:






Books I've read:

A Parcel for Anna Browne, Miranda Dickinson
Bad Sisters, Rebecca Chance
The Year I Met You, Cecilia Ahern
The Dead Dog Day, Jackie Kabler
One Wish in Manhattan, Mandy Baggot
The Boy at the Bookshop, Katey Lovell 


Book of the month:


October has been an amazing month for reading. I've loved every single book I've picked up and found it hard to pick a favourite. After a lot of thought my October Book of the Month had to go to A Parcel for Anna Browne by Miranda Dickinson. I was so excited for this release and it really lived up to expectation. It is a truly magical story and confirmed to me why Miranda is one of my favourite authors. I loved the mystery, romance and friendships throughout the story and it is a story that will stick with me for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment