Tuesday 11 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors you've read the most books from

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme from The Broke and the Bookish. This week the theme is the top ten authors you've read the most books from. 

I really enjoyed this feature as it's a great way to reflect on some of your favourite authors and books. My answers aren't in any particular order.  



10. Jacqueline Wilson
My obsession with Jacqueline Wilson ran for most of my early teens. Bad Girl, Illustrated Mum, The Lottie Project, Tracey Beaker... I loved them all. 

9. Meg Cabot 
I absolutely devoured The Princess Diaries series when I was younger. I used to eagerly await the new release to see what was happening to Mia. Such a good series and a brilliant author! 

8. Lucy Diamond.
After falling for Lucy's writing style when reading One Night In Italy, I swiftly familiarised myself with her back catalogue and keep up to date with her new releases. The Year of Taking Chances and Summer at Shell Cottage were both out this year and I absolutely loved them. 

7. Marian Keyes
The Queen of Women's fiction, everything she writes is just perfection. Some of it is pretty hard-hitting too, it's not all easy going rom-coms, which is why I love her. My ultimate favourite has to be The Mystery of Mercy Close. 

6. Jill Mansell 
I love Jill's writing style, ability to create relateable characters and the way she sucks you into her stories. She is so talented and even though I don't think I've managed to read absolutely all of her books, I've given it a good go and thoroughly enjoyed each one. 

5. Miranda Dickinson 
One of my fave authors, I love every book by Miranda and cannot WAIT for her new book - A Parcel For Anna Brown, which will be out really soon. Eeek!

4. Rebecca Shaw
I devoured the village series, I must admit I've missed the last few (there's so many now!) but I loved reading about Turnham Malpas and it's residents. I also really enjoyed her Barleybridge series - set around a veterinary surgery it focused more on a vocation than a location, which was a nice change. 

3. Susan Lewis 
I've always been a big fan of Susan Lewis, her novels are gripping, intriguing and entertaining. I haven't blogged much about her books as it's been a while since I read one... but I have a copy of her new release- Without a Trace - waiting for me on my bookshelf and I can't wait to read it! 

2. Sophie Kinsella
The Shopaholic series.... do I need to say anymore?! 

1. J.K. Rowling. 
Obviously. 




1 comment: